Monday, November 19, 2012

Sanger Management

    A commentary on David Werner's editorial.So, Texas does it again huh? We should adopt the slogan "The Anti-Funding State." This makes you wonder where all the money goes. This was a great article and very informative. I wasn't aware that planned parenthood depended on the state for half its funding. I'm sure you weren't surprised, like myself, to find that this over conservative state would reject such funding, but that's the simple way out. Let me state that I am for Planned Parenthood funding. Problem is, I understand the opposition to this subject. First and foremost, Planned Parenthood is finding it hard to separate from the social politics that were made popular by founder Margaret Sanger. Sanger believed in eugenics. Eugenics is the process of eliminating those who are found unfit by denying access to reproduce. This was her way of social cleansing. This multiplied by the 3 percent abortion service is enough to spark controversy and "conspiracies." Does Texas believe in this connection? I'd say maybe, that and the 3 percent abortion service is enough to set off the religious extremist . It's sad seeing a program that benefits so many women be hit like this. As long as they offer that 3 percent service they will always be under scrutiny by the Christian Republicans in any state.

No comments:

Post a Comment